Vision for Teaching and Learning
The purpose of education is to prepare people to contribute to society in a meaningful way. At St Andrew’s our goal is to develop a learning community which fosters life-long learning and an attitude which promotes achievement of full potential in an environment embedded in our Gospel values.
We believe the child is competent and has the capabilities to be an active constructor of knowledge and is capable of constructing, testing and reconstructing theories which in turn creates new knowledge. At St Andrew’s all students have a voice and each child is seen, heard and applauded for their efforts and achievements.
Vision and Core Beliefs
Saint Andrew’s School offers an education that acknowledges, respects and nurtures the uniqueness of each child. Within a framework of Catholic values and teamwork, the students will be challenged and supported to recognise their gifts and to develop their potential as they learn and contribute to their community. We endeavour to provide a quality Catholic education which is Christ centred, child focused.
Our core beliefs are centred on the following values and our school motto:
- Love one another
- Positive encouragement
- Companions on a journey.
Our Core Beliefs Include:
- Incorporating the values and traditions of Saint Mary MacKillop.
- A strong sense of purpose and harmony in the day to day activities of the school.
- Making Jesus real in our school and parish community and living with mercy values.
- Maintaining a strong relationship between our school and the parish as committed Catholics.
- Valuing and respecting parental support in their children’s learning and faith development.
- A comprehensive, child centred educational programme to enhance student achievement and well-being.
- Differentiation in teaching and learning and a consistent team-based approach to this.